Monday, August 4, 2008

wezz jones//

The man tells the story of the past few weeks of his life after suffering a rather hectic broken leg.

"Dead Sticks,
I've been dubbed “injury prone” for a while now, with 4 bones snapped and diminished in just 2008, im starting to agree.
The worst day of my life started on the 28th of June, a Saturday morning at the football field. For my 1st game back from a dislocated elbow I was amped more then ever to get back into it, elbow strapped and guarded to its highest I was out and playing fine. 20 mins into the game, hell struck.
Two large men tackled my leg from either direction and loud, disturbing snaps were in place. I had broken my tibia and fibia (both shin bones).
In agony and pain I look down at the leg, one all mighty hole and a whitish/greenish bone hanging out of my leg. Hell. Attack of the penthrox whistle and I was fine. Straight to hospital and a 3 day wait until im operated on."

"On the operating table, 120 painkillers later im in surgery. The procedure was taken down with 4 screws and one long rod through the marrow of the bone. All turned out fine with 18 staples and scars to claim about."

"Infections, a mans worst nightmare, that I just had to experience, with the gapping hole where the bone popped out infected I was in a feeling of death, 10 needles and 3 shots of morph later and im fine."

"1 and half months later and im back walking anticipating to surf again on august 18th.
Wezz Jones, man of all broken limbs."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im here because of few cents for you. just dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Baw, kasagad-sagad sa iya ubra blog!

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.